Notes: You will have some leftover sauce (depending on how much you baste.) You can drizzle it on top of the turkey or serve alongside rice :) Cook time is approximate as it will depend on how well you maintain your BBQ heat and how thick the cuts are. A meat thermometer is your friend!
- Pat turkey legs dry. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Combine all sauce ingredients.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (I was around 425-450°F.) Lightly oil grill so turkey does not stick.
- Place drumsticks onto grill over direct heat. Grill 3-5 minutes per side, or until nice grill lines appear and turkey separates from grill easily.
- Turn off one burner and lower the other two until temperature is around 325-350°F. Place turkey over section where heat is turned off (indirect heat.)
- Cook for 50-60 minutes, turning every 10-15 minutes, until turkey reaches 165F internally. You want to baste them with sauce in the last 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, rest slightly, and serve with fresh oregano!