Double the recipe and make an extra-large batch of burgers and meatballs. Freeze cooked burgers or meatballs for future use.
*Store the meatballs in the fridge and serve on top of a power bowl, stuffed into a pita or as a snack eaten straight up.
- Add the ground turkey, Dijon, tarragon, onion powder, egg, breadcrumbs, grated apple, shallot, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture in half. Form half the mixture into 4 equal burger sized patties and the other half into 14 small meatballs. Transfer the burger patties and meatballs to a container and store in the fridge for a minimum of 30min up to 24hr.
- Preheat the BBQ to 400°F.
- Place the burgers and meatballs on the BBQ and cook, turning occasionally until they are fully cooked through (165°F) The meatballs will take roughly 8 mins and the burgers will take 15 mins.
- Serve the burgers on toasted buns topped with apple slices, cheddar, mustard and mayonnaise or any accompaniments you prefer.