Serve with jasmine or basmati rice and cucumber salad. You can also serve this delicious dish with sautéed vegetables, like bok choy, green onions, or broccoli.
- Preheat the oven to 300o F.
- In a bowl, mix cornstarch and pepper. Add turkey cubes in the mix and stir well to coat. Remove excess cornstarch.
- In a wok or a non-stick skillet, pour 30 ml of oil and bring to medium heat. Brown half of the turkey cubes at a time for 8 to 10 minutes, or until all sides are well browned and the turkey is well cooked. Cook the other half the same way. This method will give enough room for the cubes to become crispy on all sides.
- Transfer turkey cubes to a baking dish. Place in the oven to keep turkey warm while you prepare the sauce and the cucumber salad.
- Heat sesame oil at medium heat in the same wok or skillet where the turkey was cooked. Brown ginger for 20 to 30 seconds to release the aromas.
- Add the ingredients for the sauce, except cornstarch. Let the sauce reduce for 2 minutes. Add cornstarch diluted with water to thicken the sauce. Incorporate the turkey to the sauce and mix well to coat each cube.
- Place cucumbers, seeds side down, on a plane surface. Using a rolling pin or a mallet, lightly crush cucumbers. Cut cucumbers in 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces. Add the marinade ingredients. Serve within 30 to 45 minutes to keep the crispiness of the cucumbers. Garnish with sesame seeds.