TIP: Plan for leftovers by buying a bigger turkey. Freeze portions of leftover turkey meat and use as a meal starter for busy weeknights.
- Make sure the turkey is thawed and the giblets have been removed.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey with olive oil, inside and out.
- Combine all the dried herbs and spices to make a rub. Sprinkle generously onto the bird, inside and out.
- Stuff the cavity with lemons, garlic, onions and fresh herbs.
- Place the turkey into your roasting pan. Add the turkey broth.
- Roast the turkey for 3 ½ - 4 ½ hours or until the juices run clear and an instant thermometer reads 180°F (82°C) in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for 30 minutes before carving.
: Cooking times are for planning purposes only – always use a digital meat thermometer to determine doneness.