For more pumpkin flavour make a rub by combining the following ingredients and rubbing onto the turkey prior to roasting. 1 cup pumpkin purée ½ tsp Cinnamon ¼ tsp Nutmeg ¼ tsp Ground Cloves 1 tsp Ground Ginger ½ cup Brown Sugar ½ cup Water ¼ tsp salt
- Mix the squash stuffing ingredients together and stuff inside the turkey.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a medium pot and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pat the Turkey Dry with Paper Towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the turkey on 325°f for 20 minutes per pound or until a thermometer inserted into the thigh, the breast, and the wing reaches a temperature of 170°f.
- After the first hour of cooking, and every hour after that brush the turkey with the pumpkin glaze.