Tip: Feel free to substitute any vegetables you have on hand for the spinach. Consider substituting with peas, Swiss chard, asparagus, mushrooms, or kale.
- Sauté onion in olive oil.
- Add garlic. Sauté an additional 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water, salt, pepper and pasta.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook until pasta is cooked through but still al dente.
- Add water along the way if pasta begins to dry out. The liquid will gradually reduce and leave a creamy, thickened sauce. Make sure there is some liquid left in the pan as pasta will continue to absorb until it begins to cool.
- In the last few minutes of cooking, add spinach, capers, sundried tomatoes and turkey.
- Mix to incorporate.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter (for extra creaminess) and cheese.
NOTE: See our handy guide for suggestions on how to change up
this easy recipe.