Both the meatballs and sauce can be frozen BUT you must cool everything completely before freezing. Divide them into your most common serving size portion, because you cannot freeze, thaw and refreeze food without risking food borne illness.
- Preheat oven to 450F…this might seem very high, but this is how we get a nice crisp on our meatballs.
- In a bowl combine the turkey, olive oil, thyme leaves, salt, and garlic powder and form into even sized meatballs; do this by using an ice cream scoop or spoon, this ensures they cook at the same time.
- In another bowl combine the Panko, onion flakes, thyme leaves, lemon zest and salt, and roll each meatball to coat evenly with the breading. Place the meatballs on a rack on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- In another bowl combine the cherries with thyme, olive oil and salt and lay out onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven and turn the temperature down to 385F. Cook the meatballs and cherries for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow the meatballs to cool; meanwhile, remove the pits from the cherries (cool them before handling) and place in a blender with the balsamic vinegar; blend until your desired consistency is achieved…I went for a chunkier vibe, but it’s completely up to you!