TIP: Note: Always use Roma tomatoes with this recipe. Other types are too liquidy once cooked. Note: Some flatbreads require longer in the oven than others. Follow the directions on your flatbread packaging. Choosing a gluten-free flatbread makes this recipe gluten-friendly!
- Preheat oven to your flatbread cooking instructions.
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts, garlic, basil, parmesan, salt and pepper. Slowly add canola oil to emulsify and turn to desired consistency. Set aside.
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or pizza stone. Spoon walnut pesto mixture on top of flatbread. Add thinly sliced turkey, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
- Cook in the oven until mozzarella is melted – about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Top with arugula and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.