These dates make a great addition to any charcuterie board! The best charcuterie boards have a mix of flavours and textures so get creative! Smoked turkey breast, sharp cheddar cheese, dried and fresh fruit, crackers and olives are a great combination to serve for your guests. These easy-to-grab salty/sweet turkey bacon wrapped dates are the perfect bite to place on your board for any type of gathering!
Turkey bacon wrapped date directions:
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the goat cheese into a small bowl and microwave in 10 second intervals, until it is very soft. Use a spoon to mix the goat cheese until completely smooth.
- Take a pitted date and spoon about ½ tsp of the goat cheese in the centre and place on the cookie sheet. Continue filling each date, until all of the goat cheese has been used up.
- Wrap each date with a piece of turkey bacon and secure by piercing a toothpick through the top, and place back onto the cookie sheet.
- Whisk all of the glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Brush the top of each date with the glaze mixture and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the dates from the oven and brush a second coat of the glaze onto each date. Place the pan back into the oven for 12-15 minutes longer, or until the turkey bacon is crispy.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the dates to cool for at least five minutes before serving.
Charcuterie board assembly:
- Assemble the larger items like the smoked turkey breast, turkey bacon wrapped dates, cheeses and olives on the board first.
- Fill in any remaining gaps on the board with crackers, almonds, dried cranberries and pomegranate. Garnish with fresh rosemary throughout the board and you’ve got a beautiful and delicious appetizer to serve your guests!