- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add ground turkey, minced garlic and chili powder. Cook until all of the pink has disappeared and turkey is lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add tablespoon of oil to pan and sauté your diced peppers and onion for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add rice to your vegetables and sauté for another minute to lightly toast rice.
- Add turkey back to your frying pan. Add enchilada sauce, water and cheese. Toss everything together.
- Cover frying pan with tin foil and transfer to oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve! We love this delicious Turkey and Rice Mexican Casserole Recipe in tacos, burritos or as a topping for taco salad!
Notes: Mix and match all of your favorite toppings for garnishes. Here are some of our suggestions:
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Black beans