Preparation time: 15 mins (+ 30 mins to marinade)
For the turkey yakitoris:
For the side vegetables:
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade. Reserve half to baste the turkey while it cooks.
- Cut the turkey breast in even cubes of ¾ inch (approx. 2 cm).
- Let the turkey cubes marinate in the refrigerator, in half on the marinade, for 30 minutes.
- If using wooden skewers, let them soak in water for 30 minutes to prevent them from burning too quickly.
- Preheat the BBQ at medium high heat.
- Assemble the skewers, alternating the pieces of green onions and the turkey cubes.
- Cook the turkey skewers on the BBQ for 4 minutes. Using a brush, baste the reserved yakitori sauce. Continue cooking, flipping the skewers a few times and basting two more times. Check for doneness after 12 minutes.
- Brush the vegetables with oil, except the enoki mushrooms, which are better eaten raw. Cook the vegetables for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing by diluting the miso in the mirin, and the rice vinegar and the mirin. Add the sesame oil and the garlic.
Place the yakitori turkey skewers on a platter. Serve with the grilled vegetables, topped with miso dressing.